Looking to modify or enforce an agreement can be tricky, and we can help you navigate these processes.

Modifications & Enforcements

Once you have entered into a separation, custody or support agreement, only a court-ordered modification or extreme circumstances relieve a party from the obligations under the agreement.  When a party is not living up to its obligations under the agreement, New York has a system of administrative processes to enforce the order. We can help you ensure that the right steps are taken to enforce your rights under these agreements.

A party to a separation, custody or support agreement can petition the court to modify an agreement.  A court will look at a number of factors to determine whether to allow a modification, including, with respect to child custody agreements, whether the modification is in the best interests of the child.